SOG Scout 24 L Grey Backpack SOGCP1004G CP1004G
The SOG Scout does more than what you’d expect from a 24L pack.
The panel loading main compartment utilizes every cubic inch with multiple interior pockets, padded laptop sleeve, hydration carry, and MOLLE loop field. Accessing the inside main compartment via the Quad-Zip means finding gear from the bottom of the pack doesn’t require unpacking everything on top of it. Any extra or bulky gear can be cinched on to the pack’s side compression straps, attached to the Hypalon MOLLE field, or held on by the Scout’s unique wire long item carry. The top molded panel allows quick access to smaller items Due to the suspension, a fully loaded pack can be carried comfortably whether going for two miles or twenty miles.
- Padded shoulder straps, rigid suspension, and stowable, padded hip belt make it comfortable carry heavy loads for extended periods of time by taking the weight off your shoulders.
- Sternum strap with whistle stabilizes the pack and gives carrier an emergency audio alert.
- Quad-zip full access main compartment allows for quick access to any part of the voluminous interior, such as being able to quickly get at items at the bottom of the pack due to the panel-loading design.
- Built-in hydration sleeve with hose pass-through allows easy access to water (hydration bladder sold separately).
- Internal laptop sleeve keeps electronics safe.
- Internal MOLLE loop field for concealed carry lets you customize the position and angle of your concealed carry for quick access.
- Impact-resistant top pocket with internal organization to safely secure and stow valuables such as glasses, camera, binoculars, and phone.
- Internal organization pockets and key ring clip inside main compartment.
- External long item carry allows access to and ease to carry long objects like rifles, bows, fishing rods, and/or axes. Braided steel loop at the bottom offers extra strength and durability for carrying these items.
- Shock cord tie downs make it easy to strap extra gear or clip smaller accessories to.
- Laser-cut Hypalon MOLLE panels make attaching extra storage or quick access items fast, easy, and secure. Compared to traditional MOLLE webbing, Hypalon allows for a sleeker looking MOLLE panel that is stronger and easier to clean.
- Webbing lash points and Hypalon zinger tabs on shoulder strap for additional item carry.
- Large zipper pulls allows easy opening with or without gloves.
- Side compression straps to hold the load closer to the user for better weight distribution and balance.
- 2mm PE sheet w/ 15mm aluminum stave suspension to distribute weight for comfortability.
- Kodra 500D nylon material with a polyurethane coating for long-lasting durability, reliability, and water resistance.
|SIZE||24L||INTEGRATED LONG ITEM CARRY||YES|
|COMPUTER CARRY||LAPTOP SLEEVE||PANEL-LOADING WITH QUAD-ZIP™||YES|
|SUSPENSION||2MM POLYETHYLENE WITH 15MM ALUMINUM STAVE||STOWABLE STRAPS||HIP STRAP ONLY|
|DIMENSIONS||21.3" X 11.0" X 7.1"||WEIGHT||44.5 OZ|
IMPACT RESISTANT TOP POCKET
The top pocket of the packs are rigid shells to protect the contents inside from impact that occurs normally in a soft-sided pack. Carry your sunglasses, cellphone, or other fragile items in peace knowing that they are shielded from potential harm. The shell of the top pocket is made of closed cell EVA foam. When finished, it has great weather resistance and high energy absorption.
Inside the molded top is a soft, flexible pocket that closes to hold more fragile items like a small camera in place. The opposite side of the interior has plenty of pockets for pens, tools, and flashlights.
Known for it’s durability and resistance to abrasions, tears, scuffs, 500D nylon is great for many activities. This sturdy nylon material is strong enough to take a beating whether you are using your pack daily or on multi-day backpacking trips.
The nylon used in all of our packs have a polyurethane coating to help increase water resistance and reduce the likelihood of water entering the packs and soaking the contents.
500D nylon carries a good balance of weight and durability for a lighter load without sacrificing reliability.
HYPALON MOLLE FIELD
STRENGTH & WEIGHT
Hypalon® is a type of chlorosulfonated polyethylene (CSPE) synthetic rubber made originally by DuPont®. It is a strong, high-performance material used in many products like wire insulation, decking for modern snowshoes, high-quality inflatable boats, and many others. Lighter and stronger than neoprene, Hypalon® is a better material for this purpose.
Hypalon® is known for it’s resistance to liquids/chemicals, temperature extremes, and UV light. This means that it will not soak up liquid that add weight and smells to your pack, be usable in the Sahara Desert or Himalayas, and last for a long time without fading or deteriorating.
LONG ITEM CARRY
Integrated long-item carry system ensures that you can easily secure your favorite gear to your pack without extra rope or straps. Whether you’ve got a rifle, fishing rod, or axe, the built-in setup can haul all your lengthy gear wherever you go.
Fastening and removing gear to and from your pack is straightforward, hassle-free, and quick. Whether using the protected strap system or the simple cable and bungee duo, you would find that it is simple to use and versatile enough to fit a wide range of items.
Seraphim: Lash points & straps, braided steel cable & bungee cords Prophet: Last points & straps Scout: Braded steel cable & bungee cords
Quad-Zip full access main compartment allows for quick access to any part of the voluminous interior. Items at the bottom of the back can be easily retrieved with the panel-loading design that allows the front panel to be opened fully.
The Quad-Zip design consists of four zipper sliders that allows three different access points to the main compartment: one on each side of the pack at the stops of the zipper and one on the length of the zipper such as in the middle at the top of the pack.
The interior pockets and loops easily allows the user organize their belongings without getting messy.